Google reminded me this morning because today even the 8th Day of the 12th Month of the Chinese farmer's calendar, and thus the date of Reisbreis, or the Laba Festival ( 腊八 节 ) .
Not that I would be a special fan of rice porridge (粥 ) - go away from me so! - But surely the various 粥 restaurants are today made good sales. Similar to the winter solstice and the Chinese New Year, where traditionally Jiaozi (dumplings) are eaten, people should eat rice porridge today in all variations.
Wikipedia gives this as the reason, they wanted to in times of food shortages, getting just more people fed up (and rice porridge one can stretch with water up to infinity), but I think since the statement of my colleague matching : There is rice porridge in winter because it is as cold and the cold because you can not chew so well. Rice porridge and you have only to swallow . Hence. Ideal!
But then I rather prefer the Tofusalat: D
0 comments:
Post a Comment